Skip to content

A Day on the Town

February 12, 2013

But first, a hearty breakfast!

IMG_6430

Two Ingredient Pancake anyone??

IMG_6429

I topped mine with fresh fruit, and a multitude of butters!  To include, almond butter, peanut butter, cookie butter and coconut butter!

Yummmmm :-) And then…

Today, Hubby and I went to Crossfit TOGETHER!!!  Centerville Crossfit offers Saturday Community Workouts every so often and you can come for free!  You just have to sign-up in advance.  So, Hubs and I decided to head on down :-)

The WOD:

7 min AMRAP

7 Wall Balls (I used 14, Hubs used 20)

7 hand release push-ups

7 box jumps

7 min AMRAP

7 KB Swings (I used 25, should have done 35)

7 sit-ups

7 Goblet Squats (example below)

Afterwards, we were both pretty sweaty, but decided to hit the road to Hyde Park Square because the weather was awful!  Check out this weather.

IMG_6433

Snowwwwwy back yard!

Hyde Park Square in Cincy was awesome!

IMG_6439

It was super cute and had some awesome little shops.  I decided to do some advanced birthday shopping while there too!

IMG_6437

This place was super cute!  Great finds and decent prices :-)

IMG_6438

I may or may not have purchased some of these items for some of my favorite relatives :-)

IMG_6436

As you can see, it was quite chilly, so I convinced Hubs to scurry with me to the next warmest store!

IMG_6440

The store was amazing!  I wish I didn’t have such an aversion to spending boat loads of money on amazing, high-quality workout gear…although it is probably why my credit rating is doing quite well ;-)

IMG_6432

So, with little luck on the purchasing front (for me at least), we made our way back to Dayton to greet this cutie pie!

Have you ever shopped at Lululemon?  I love their stuff, but their prices make me sick!  What are your thoughts on spending that much money on clothing?  Worth it?  Not worth it?

xoxo

Alyssa

About these ads
8 Comments leave one →
  1. February 12, 2013 10:48 pm

Glad you’re enjoying the cookie butter and that vintage shop looks awesome! I love places like that and could have had a field day in there!

• February 13, 2013 3:19 am

Cookie butter is in the freezer in timeout because it has been viciously tempting me to devour it in one full swoop! The store was adorbs! If you’re ever in Cincy (which would be crazy since you live in one of the nicest places in the should check it out!

2. February 13, 2013 3:15 am

Hi! I had a mix-up with my first winner of my Way Better Snacks Giveaway, so I did another random draw and, as long as you live in the U.S, it was you:) Congrats! You can email me your address, full name, and phone number at mostlysunnie@aol.com

3. February 13, 2013 2:08 pm

Looks like you had a wonderful day! I love going out and exploring new places. As far as Lulu goes, I dream about owning some Wunderunders, but can’t bring myself to do it. At least not on a grad student budget. I think that it’s probably really good quality gear, but for now I do just fine with things from TJ Maxx and Target.

• February 14, 2013 1:17 am

I need to head back to TJ Maxx and do some damage :-). They have great sale items!!

4. mindy/mom permalink
    February 14, 2013 12:01 pm

Gee, I hope one of those fun looking items is for MY birthday -:)

"Musings" Welcome!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,172 other followers