Skip to content

Two Ingredient Pancakes

September 28, 2012

After reading about how Tina raves over these pancakes in combination with waking up beyond starved, I decided to give the recipe a try!

20120926-210218.jpg

I followed her recipe to a tee! Even mixed everything in a coffee mug :-). Super easy! I smashed my banana inside the peel first, added the egg and then whisked away with my fork.

20120926-210345.jpg

I poured the cake mix into a well oiled nonstick skillet. I added about a teaspoon of EVOO to be sure it would flip easily!

20120926-210457.jpg

Look at that purdy hot cake!

That was hubby’s. For mine, I added some almond vanilla flavored whey protein powder (sooo good) to see what would happen.

20120926-210944.jpg

As you can see, IT WAS AMAZING! I topped mine with strawbs, bluebs, almond butter and Nikki’s Coconut Butter. New favorite breakfast item. Took no time to make either!

20120926-211209.jpg

Doesn’t that look delish!

20120926-211259.jpg

Yes, this stuff is as good as it looks!

20120926-211330.jpg

Yerba mate to wash it all down :-)

What is your favorite breakfast food? And even more so, what are your thoughts on Paleo?

Have a great day!

Xoxo
Alyssa

About these ads
11 Comments leave one →
  1. September 28, 2012 11:40 pm

If you heat the coconut butter briefly, it makes it runnier, which is great for drizzling over pancakes. It spreads easier too ;)

• September 29, 2012 2:37 am

Thanks for the tip :-) I was lazy and in the mood for immediate gratification!

• September 29, 2012 2:39 am

I hear ya … sometimes I just go at coconut butter with a spoon, especially Nikki’s Coconut Butter. Not always room for patience ;)

• September 29, 2012 2:45 am

So so true!! I’ve got to find her stuff in stores, it’s a bad addiction and shipping is a killer!

• September 29, 2012 3:36 am

I don’t think she sells it in stores yet … it’d be a lot more dangerous for me if she did! Addicting!

• September 29, 2012 3:39 am

:-)

2. February 12, 2013 9:23 pm

Im considering trying totally paleo at some point, but for now I am not quite ready to give up my yogurt, cheese and a few grains.

I made my own version of a pancake this am…egg, 1/2 banana, tbsp of coconut flour and some pumpkin. It was really a 4 ingredient pancake, but super yummy. Im currently in LOVE with coconut flour!

• February 12, 2013 9:27 pm

I hear ya Annie! I would say that I eat mostly paleo with a few cheats here and there. It is easier for me to eat paleo because I feel better without dairy in my diet, so perhaps after trying it you’ll find the same for you?

That pancake sounds great! I love coconut flour also :-) I’ll be posting my version of Paleo Pumpkin Muffins later this week! Lots of Coconut Flour and Almond Meal involved;-)

3. February 20, 2013 7:11 pm

This looks amazing! I am totally trying this tomorrow morning :) Thanks!

I have been gluten-free for a long time and now that I’m nursing twins I often wake up starving and in the mood for something more than my usual hard boiled eggs and grapefruit.

• February 20, 2013 7:13 pm

Oh my goodness you are my hero! I can’t believe you have the restraint to eat gluten free when you are probably famished most times keeping up with twins and NURSING! You go girl :-) Let me know how you like it!

Trackbacks

1. A Day on the Town « Gluten Free Muse

"Musings" Welcome!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,172 other followers